We provide fun and engaging on-site and webex-based Department of Transportation (DOT) training that results in great knowledge retention.
Who should attend DOT hazardous materials training?
Employees who complete any of the following activities needs DOT training:
- Classifies materials
- Signs a hazmat shipping paper or hazardous waste manifest
- Is involved in selecting shipping descriptions
- Designs, selects, purchases, or fills packages
- Loads, unloads, moves, handles, or works around hazardous materials
- Determines any markings or labels to be applied to a package
- Determines if placards are required, provides placards, or affixes placards
- Determines what should appear on shipping papers or actually fills out shipping papers
- Determines emergency response information to be included with shipping papers
- Selects carriers or modes of transportation to be used
- Determines if a package can be reused, if a package is empty, or if a package needs reconditioning
- Operates any vehicle or equipment used to transport hazardous materials
What topics are included in DOT Training?
Topics covered include:
- Hazardous Materials Table (HMT)
- Shipping Papers
- Marking and Labeling
- Carrier Requirements for Highway, Air, Rail and Water
- Security Requirements
How often do I need DOT training?
Applicable employees must receive DOT HAZMAT training at least once every three (3) years.